Sunday, January 2, 2011

A new year

Here's to a new year! I always have the opportunity to start a new year and celebrate the anniversary of my birth almost simultaneously. That always makes me think about how OLD I am getting. Anyway, this year was significant in that I realized I have been an adult as long as I was a kid...wow, how time flies.

(the happy part of this post)
Pat and I went with some friends to New Orleans and did things up right for my birthday and New Years. We had the most wonderful dinners and a million laughs and smiles! I feel so loved and blessed this year...as I look back on all of the experiences and relationships I have had throughout my life it makes my heart is so full.

(the hangover)
Ugh, and my house...is so full...of things I don't know what to do with...I'm going under....can't breathe.

I seem to always begin the year with a horrible feeling of drowning in Christmas things, decorations, dead poinsettias, travel laundry, trash, and new wonderful things to find a place for. Oh yes, and the extra holiday body fat. Hopefully, this week will give me a chance to get a grip on everything in my home and my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment