Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Fall

Yesterday, I was the kind of mom I have always wanted to be...the fun mom, who doesn't worry about the breakables in the house, who has time for everything. Both kids had play dates (a rarity) and one friend spent the night. We had wall ball (in the house no less), swimming and an iced tea and cookie stand, they had an idea and I said, "Sure!"

Then, this morning my out of body experience ended and I had to go back to being me.

What a bummer. I woke up to two of the cutest little guys you ever saw. Kellis said, "Can you come outside and play a baseball game with us?" Umm, no.

Ten minutes later (8:30 a.m., PJ's still on, all the yucky packing still to finish)...Kellis comes back in, "Can you take us to the park?" Umm, no.

I hear the little friend ask, "What did she say?"

I want to go back to being that mom I was yesterday...the fall is heartbreaking! Oh well, packing prevailed today, I'm on a short rope in that department because D Day is upon us. Maybe I can be yes, fun mom again another day...soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment