Monday, August 22, 2011

The End con brownies

Well, with the end of summer (beginning of school) it is only natural for someone like me to lament all the things we didn't have the time to get around to doing. Seriously, it's a character flaw...I have come to accept it as my internal Debbie downer. I casually gloss over all of the amazing things we did all summer. I am going to blame it on the heat, it has fried my brain and my short term memory.

We have just completed (mostly) the remodeling project, praise sweet baby Jesus! I am so excited to have it done in time for school. So, yesterday I found the right dishes, utensils, pantry supplies and made a crazy dessert...Oreo, chocolate chip cookie, mint milano Brownies, it was sick. I showed the kids the recipe and they thought it was imaginary.

Kellis said, "No way, that can't be healthy!"

I showed Pat the recipe and he thought it was necessary to at least attempt (he added the mint milanos).

To commemorate the last weekend of summer break, I let them have the brownies for dinner and we went bowling. I am an amazing mother because I did make them brush their teeth. It's all about balance, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment