Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

Well, I have obviously been slacking from posting! With baseball, school activities and life I haven't had much time to keep up, and it is hard to recap everything at once. Let this be a lesson to me! We just had Mother's Day and it was a wonderful, relaxing day. I got breakfast in bed...I should have taken a picture, but my camera is in the shop (along with the toilet, the pool sweeper and the dishwashers). Pat made eggs benedict, or really close to eggs benedict, it was yummy. At school, Kellis's class had a Mother's day tea...they made us hats, place mats, shoes, lunch, and wrote us poems. By the time Mother's Day really rolled around, Kellis was over it! He said it isn't really your day.

He was right, it wasn't really my day. I was laying next to Rainey one morning before Mother's Day and I felt her little heart beating. It got me thinking about all the events that had to happen and choices that had to be made for me to be her mother. I spent all week being so appreciative and honored that I get to be their mother.

Tonight we are hosting an engagement/wedding party for Brenda and David at the Bailey's...should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment