Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wow, a shocking return...

The worst part of being on a wonderful relaxing vacation is re-entry. That is what I like to call it anyway....I go from everyone asking, "Can I get you anything, Mrs. Green? Manicure, massage, cocktail?" to everyone saying, "Momma, Momma, Momma, Momma, Momma!" Accompanied by towering stacks of mail and laundry piled as high it can go without an avalanche.

I know, I know, poor me! Anyway, it is amazing how things pile up while you are gone for a few days. I think I am getting myself back together.

I returned from my trip to do a jewelry show in Dallas that benefitted Camp John Marc, which is a wonderful and worthwhile cause. The link is www.campjohnmarc.org...it is a Camp for children with special needs. I truly enjoyed meeting all of the other vendors that were showing their wares. They were impressive young women that designed handbags, clothing, stationary, tablecloths, etc. I was blown away! My friend and I kept discussing how amazing and mind-boggling it was that they had the knowledge, savvy and foresight to pull something like that off at such a young age. It just goes to show that you can't ever make big things happen unless you go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment