Monday, November 29, 2010

Well Crap...

My in-laws stayed the night on Thanksgiving and we had a lovely Thanksgiving Day...but the next morning I had a realization. I walked in and said, "Well, crap (or maybe I used a not as nice a word as crap...I am lucky, I have very understanding in-laws), now it's Christmas."

It all flows in after Thanksgiving...all those good intentions I had all year. December 25th, 2009 I promised myself that 2010 WOULD be different: I would shop early, address Christmas cards in August, be more organized. I still have last years cards, unaddressed, taunting me...seriously, in case you were wondering if you were kicked off the list, now you know. Well, I am sure you know the drill. Anyway, I have been kicking my own tail getting Christmas jewelry ready for other people's good intentions that were actually followed through on. I guess that is something isn't it?

My new good intention involves really appreciating what Christmas is really about...that usually gets me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment