Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Christmas Story

My mother-in-law loves to give us nativity scenes and one of them is a set of stuffed animals that are all of the typical characters. We have Joseph, Mary, baby Jesus and all the accompanying characters. Rainey asks if she can play with them and I tell her that she can. Then she goes on about her business and so do I...then I start to eavesdrop.

She was taking Mary and Joseph to different posts around our living room and keeps saying, "Come on Mary, we are going to a different hotel."

Then in a very grumpy, serious tone (I am not sure where in the world she has heard this tone...oh wait, I can hear the voice...it's me!) she says, "BABY JESUS, BABY JESUS, COME ON!"

Well, I think she picked up part of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment