Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Progress?

Well, we are moving in the right direction...window disaster averted. (Kind of) Now we will have to sets of windows that match with a larger distance between the sets. This is why you need a real designer!

Also, now we have a lighting snafu.

Today, I said to the contractor, "Look at these cool lights I found to go over the island." Blank stare.

Me: What's wrong?
Contractor: What lights over the island?
Me: The lanterns I wanted over the island
Contractor: You didn't say you wanted lanterns over the island.
Me: Remember about how I made a big deal about how I wanted the beams centered over the island so that the lights would be centered between the beams?
Contractor: I thought you meant that light.
Me: Blank stare...the recessed light?
Contractor: yes
Me: hmm...I think I did say light...I meant chandelier.

Lesson: I say light, you say chandelier...apparently not the same thing.
Anybody need a designer job?

It would maybe would have helped if I showed the poor guy the sketches I made before 6 weeks into the project. He said next time we do a project I want to see the sketches before we start. Hmm, that is a really clever idea. I was maybe going for the element of surprise. If so, then I have accomplished my mission.

1 comment:

  1. paigebcashion@sbcglobal.netJuly 3, 2011 at 9:15 PM

    Aaahahahahahaa!! .. Design by Surprise! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete