Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Beginning

I have been trying to decide how to begin this "blog"...whatever that
means. I mean, how do you begin? At the beginning, you know, like
Genesis or begin with current events complete with relevant and
interesting flashbacks?


Well, I'll start here and we will see where is takes us...
First off, I struggle with if this will be interesting to anyone but
me. I've decided it is worth it, even if I am the only one to benefit.
I have so many amazing memories but they are only stored in my brain
and I am learning just how fallible that device can be. I know I love
to hear stories about my mom, dad, grandmothers, grandfathers,
great-...Well you get the point, it's fun to read things you wrote a
long time ago and my kids might like it some day.


I hope I can avoid embarrassing my English teachers too much, in case they happen to see this.
I know it won't be the Queen's English, given my bad habits
fostered by email and texting. You know, over usage of exclamation points, emoticons, ellipsis, u, g8t, things that make me appear to be a teenager rather than a middle aged woman and mother.

I think that leads to what the common theme of this blog will involve.
Self doubt and contradictions, like Kate Gosslin's hair. The doubt that anyone will care what I have to say, or
worse, I might offend someone. I'm a city girl from a tiny West Texas
town with one stop light, I'm like the opposite of the Pioneer Woman. Actually, we had a stop light and it broke and they decided the traffic did not warrant replacing it. I love living in Fort Worth but I am always afraid that I might be deported back to the country, far away from the Central Market and restaurants with wine lists. (Sorry mom!) Here is the contradiction, I do wish the country was closer because I miss everyone there.



I am married to an awesome guy that happens to also be a fairly popular musician, Pat Green. We have been married for almost 10 years, YIKES! You know the old adage, time flies. 
Here we are on the day we got married and I think I still have the same expression on my face, on most days anyway! I would put a more current one, but once you have kids I am not sure if you are ever in the same photo again. 






My kids are 6 and 3, Kellis and Rainey. People ask if we are having more kids and I can't give
them a straight answer. No, Maybe, we are thinking about it...



Well, here are the kids we do have and they are so awesome! Everyone thinks that about their kids, it's how God made us. Otherwise, we might leave them on the side of the road...






I'm a jewelry designer. (Can I really say that?) When I fill out
papers at the doctor and the kids school and it says "occupation", I
have an epic struggle with myself. Can I write jewelry designer down?
Don't I need a certificate or something? It's also the part that
stresses me out because I know the next 3 lines are coming:
employer...self, spouse's occupation...musician, spouse's employer...self. Are
these valid answers that they will accept when considering whether we
are worthy to participate? Ie: Just how flaky are we and will we pay our bill?

Well, after thinking it through I go through with it. And here are my criteria: 1)I make and design jewelry 2) I often see it on people I don't recognize
3) people I love and respect wear it often, even when they are not
sure they will see me. 4) A few stores deem it worthy to occupy their
space. That being said, i still am a little timid about it, but I am
planning world domination of Tory Burch magnitude! I'll let you know
how it goes.


I'm not sure exactly how we got here, but wow, I never expected such a
full, rewarding and exciting life. I am truly blessed. We are able to enjoy so many fun and interesting experiences, I don't want any of this to seem like bragging. However, you will probably take one look at me and any jealousy will quickly subside! My hope is that this will be entertaining to you and I both and it will chronicle my family's experiences. Maybe it will be like a super cheap therapist and I will be able to objectively and calmly reflect on my struggles and modify my behavior accordingly. Ha! We will see how that works out.

Given the common theme of self doubt and contradictions, you can
expect to see anything and everything on this blog. Stories about
travel, kids, jewelry, fashion, cooking, etc.
I think that is enough for today, I don't want to run out of material! Well, here goes....I'm a little nervous.



Kori

3 comments:

  1. Great blog, and concur on the TBurch magnitude! Keep updating!! xo, B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kori! Brenda sent me over :) Your kids are precious! Good luck with the blog thing. I started mine when I got pregnant in 2008 and I'm now completely addicted to it. Let the fun begin....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog by accident and I am truly enjoying your humor and wit. I have been a fan of your husbands music for many years and have seen him live more than any other artist. His music has inspired me through some of my darkest days. Its so nice to see famous people are so much like the rest of us. You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete